If a customer changes their email address in the point of sale system and doesn't do so in their Perkville account as well, points will go to a new Perkville account under the new email address. It may be necessary to combine points.
NOTE: These steps will also work if you have one client who would like to gift their points to another client.
A customer can combine their Perkville accounts on their own by going to their email settings in Perkville.
To move points between accounts on the business side, use the following steps:
1) On the Dashboard, choose "Customers" either from the My Business dropdown, or from the left side menu.
2) Enter your customer's email address that you would like to deduct points from, and click "Filter by Email". Click on the customer's name.
3) Click on the "Redeem points" button.
4) In the window that pops up, choose the location, "Point Adjustment = -1 points", and how many points to remove. We also strongly recommend you leave a note for why the points are being removed. Click "Save".
5) Next go to the account which you wish to add points to by following step 2 again. Click on "Give Points".
6) In the window that pops up, choose the location, "Point Adjustment = +1 points", and how many points to give. We also strongly recommend you leave a note for why the points are being added. Click "Save".
NOTE: Transferring points through this method should be done only after the customer has started using their new email address at the business, and the old email address is no longer being used.
You can also contact the Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org to merge the two accounts if you encounter any issues.
- Email Us