Deciding how to structure a rewards program can seem daunting. We created this article to make this easier for fitness businesses (gyms, yoga studios, etc).
- Reward your most common action like checking in if you're a gym or attending class if you're a yoga studio 2 points each.
- Referrals are incredibly valuable as they represent a lot of money for your business. We recommend rewarding 200 points for referrals.
- Incentivising customers to attend personal training is also very valuable as it increases the revenue you make from a customer. We recommend rewarding 15 points for each personal training session attended.
- We recommend the following point values as well:
- 100 birthday points
- 50 points for joining your reward program
- 10 points for following your business on Twitter
- 2 points for posting to Facebook about your business
- 2 points for tweeting about your business
- Depending on your membership system and its integration with Perkville you may also be able to reward 1 point per dollar spent on retail items.
- Common rewards include:
- 100 points for a free smoothie
- 200 points for a two week pass for a friend (helps drive more referrals)
- 250 points for an inexpensive item that also markets your business (e.g. t-shirt or water bottle)
- 300 points for a premium ancillary service that doesn't have large hard costs (e.g. hydro massage, tanning, small group class)
- 400 points for a one month membership upgrade (helps get more upgrades)
- 1000 points for a free personal training session
- You can also partner with nearby businesses to offer rewards. They get marketed to your members and you can often negotiate a reward at no cost to your business.
- We recommend slowly adding new rewards over time to keep it fresh!
O2 Fitness - http://www.perkville.com/biz/3207
Royal Fitness - http://www.perkville.com/biz/2914
Case study: http://blog.perkville.com/perkvilles-gamification-features-increase-retention-referrals-and-social-media-engagement
Sturgeon Valley Athletic Club - http://www.perkville.com/biz/2838
Blog post: http://blog.perkville.com/business-spotlight-sturgeon-valley-athletic-club-svac
Genesis Health Clubs - http://www.perkville.com/biz/3330
YogaWorks - http://www.perkville.com/biz/583
Web site: http://yogaworks.com/en/perkville